4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 3:58 AM by kgb1st

FX-8350 @5GHz - 24/7

kgb1st

Hi. I overheat my hw to the 5.0GHz, I've 1.524V on vCore, 2.65V on vDDA in standby from ITE IT8721F

Question, what power needs for CPU/NB in this situation? Thanks.

• ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 (AMD K15/Socket AM3+/AMD990FX)
      • AMD FX-8350 noEight(4)-Core Processor (5.0GHz/1.5V)
      • AMD R7 Performace Series R738G1869U2S (2x8GB/1.866GHz)
      • KINGSTON SV300S37A120G (120GB)
      • MSI R9 390X (1.2GHz/1.6GHz)
        • Re: FX-8350 @5GHz - 24/7
          redfury

You had made a strange decision.8 cores @4700 looks more interesting (for me)

And your CPU temperature reading may be wrong, when you lock/unlock cores

• Re: FX-8350 @5GHz - 24/7
            abi

As far as i remembr for am3+ platforms voltages:

CPU vcore = VDD

CPU module/clock = VDDA

CPU cache = CPU/NB

NB = MOBO NB

VDDA gives you more stability when OC system by BCLK. But for 24/7 operation you can't run those voltages as they are near limit for FX8350. What i mean is you wont have a safety gap if something goes above expected, wich can lead to a dead CPU.

How did you achieved the 5ghz?  Did you overclocked only by multiplyer or also by BCLK?

I personally dont like to OC my systems with BCLK until i know perfectly the system capability, wich means i start to OC by multiplayer each component, like

1- CPU mult +vcore

2- cpu cache +cpu/nb voltg

3- cpu mult+ cpu cache + vdda

4- ram

5- etc...

And only when i know my parts max OC i then revert some parts to stock multiplyer and rise BCLK.

If you OC by BCLK you will OC your entire system at the same time: CPU, all of HTT, CPU/NB, RAM, etc and when you got instability its almost impossible to find were it comes from.

1 of 1 people found this helpful