3 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2017 2:39 AM by r9380xfire

R9 380 green screen

lennart

Hey, first of all i wanted to say that my english is not the best because I'm from germany.

I bought a new computer last week with the following specs:

- AMD FX-6300

- Powercolor PCS+ R9 380

- BeQuiet Pure Power 9 CM 500W

- Asrock 970M Pro3

I'm using the card with the latest driver. (Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2) on Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
      Sometimes i get a green screen and the computer stops working, the only thing that helps than is a hard reset.
      I get this green screen in completly random situations. Once I got it while watching a youtube video, twice while playing league of legends and also just while sitting on the desktop and doing nothing.
      I tried to uninstall the driver with "amdcleanuputility" and reinstalling it multiple times.
      I hope you guys can help me.
        • Re: R9 380 green screen
          redfury

1.Update BIOS

2.Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program and install 16.11.5 driver.

Don`t use 16.12.X drivers

• Re: R9 380 green screen
            r9380xfire

Hi lennart,

I have had this problem with pcs 380 also, Although I cant be 100% certain this will help you but I found that installing the motherboard chipset drivers helped to cure my problem, Have a close look on Device manager and see if anything is missing, also Lower the resolution to 1080 and refr below 30. I had exact same problem with kodi doing the green screen and not even the  reset switch on the pc will help sometimes. If you still have the cd that came with the Motherboard Id check if any drivers are missing, also check any Onboard gfx are disabled, Hope this helps

Si