4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2017 6:55 AM by arcticwind

Problem with rams Fx8350-Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 Rev3.0

burakksglu

Hey Support and community members of AMD.

I just bought a ram kit which is 1866 MHZ CL9 2x8GB kit from Kingston.I'm dropping links here to check you guys out:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01G845OYI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So my problem is I can't boot when this both stick is plugged to mobo.I tried 1-3,2-4 slots and no luck.I also did select X.M.P profile1 from bios(which is 1866mhz),no luck again.But when I do select profile2(which is 1600mhz) it's a go.

I thought FX-8350 is capable of running 2 sticks of 1866mhz rams.

So I found a way to run over 1600Mhz which is OCing FSB speed.Right now I'm using rams at 1720Mhz with CL10(?) timings.

I'm adding system images right here so that you guys can check it out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! New update! I made it work.I changed my CPU coolers' position.That opened up 4th slot.Now I'm using 2nd-4th slots together, 2 DIMMS at 1866MHz! Voila!! So happy to made it work! My money didn't go to trash can. LOL!

Also I changed FSB to Auto and OCed 8350 with multiplier.I'm sending screenshot to check by you if there anything is wrong!Cheers!ss+(2017-01-07+at+05.16.50).png

• Re: Problem with rams Fx8350-Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 Rev3.0
          arcticwind

I think the issue is with the motherboard. Please check your owners manual to confirm this.

There is a note in the list of "compatible RAM" about only being able to use one slot of DIMM per channel when using an AM3+ processor. (with 1866 RAM and above)

Note: Only one DIMM per channel is supported for DDR3-1866MHz and higher speed as using an AM3+ CPU.

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-990FXA-UD5 (rev. 3.0)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Problem with rams Fx8350-Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 Rev3.0

Hallo!

After checking the screenshot you made, I know that your memory is working under single channel mode, rather than dual channel, ganged or ungang mode. This is a common situation for AMD platform, and might possibly sorted into not fully compatibility issue. AMD platform work on selected memory modules much more often than Intel platform. Your memory modules are not selected by this platform, so you could not boot up successfully. I would like to show my possible workaround below:

Using only one memory module to boot up your system running under 1866MT/s, entering into Windows O/S. Using utility such as HWINFO32/64, CPU-Z, AIDA64 and many more to retrieve the parameters, your memory modules is working at, write them down on paper or something else. Entering into the firmware, UEFI, disable the XMP, set memory clock at 1600MT/s, save and turn off your computer. Insert the second memory modules onto your motherboard for dual-channel configuration. Turn it on, and enter into firmware, UEFI, directly. Set memory clock at 1866MT/s and manually set the saved parameters onto each modules in firmware. Save it and reboot, your system might boot successfully. If it still fails, I would suggest you update your firmware to the latest. If this problem could not be solved, there would be no ways if without further support from Gigabyte.

Best Regards,

Aaron Janagewen

1 of 1 people found this helpful