I've spent the last two days trying to fix the constant Ingame system crash using the lastest AMD Driver for my RX470. Managed to fix it before doing the BIOS update. Hope this works for you:
1. Scan Windows for any corrupt files and/or via sfc scannow command.
2. Clean install the lastest driver for RX470 (My GPU is a XFX Radeon RX 470 RS Black Edition 4GB).
3. Go to driver's Gaming and Global Override settings in the Driver Control Panel/Crimson.
4. Reduce GPU speed by 200 or 300 Mhz for each cell where possible. I set the first couple of cells to their minimum values. (Will stress test these values later.)
5. Set Memory to Dymanic.
6. Leave Voltage and everything else on auto.
7. Increase Power in Windows to High Performance.
8. I Turned off all screen savers as well and set auto shut down display settings to Never.
9. Restart PC again.
Suprisingly, all games like ARMA3 and Skyrim, Fallout 4 etc work perfectly now without any system crashes for the past 6 hours.
PS: Have no idea why the reduced GPU speed and other settings caused my system to crash. No overheating or bottleneck whatsoever. No messages in Event Viewer to isolate the problem etc. No indication of any possible cause (s) whatsoever. It usually failed/crashed without warning within the first 5 minutes ingame,ie, black screen and display auto power saving message just showing.
Hope this works for you as well.
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
- Service Pack 1 Build 7601
- GA-890FXA-UD5 motherboard
- AMD Phenom II x4 965 Processor - 3400Mhz 4 core
- RAM 8G
- GPU XFX Radeon RX 470 RS Black Edition 4GB
Note: No responsibility is taken for any Override settings like the AMD disclaimer. Cheers