3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2018 4:32 AM by markwilliams

Blue Screen PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

coronation_pete

Hello

I have been having a problem with my #teamred PC since I built it 2 years ago but it's getting to the point where it's getting me down now.

My system is:

graphics card Powercolor R9 290pcs oc 4 gig

Desktop PC

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Radeon (Crimson Live) 16.12.1 Drivers

Asus 24 inch monitor hdmi connection 1920 x 1080p @60Hz

Sony 19 inch tft monitor

Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z

CPU AMD FX 9370 black edition @ 4.4GHz

Corsair RM Series RM 1000 '80+ Gold' 1000W Power Supply

TeamGroup Vulcan RED 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-19200C11 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit

I play a lot of hours gaming. I used to play Evolve but got banned for 'product tampering' I didn't tamper with my game. I thought it was the games problem, keep crashing but now I play Titanfall 2 and still crash, I think that it may be my PC?

Any help or advice would be most welcome...

A crash log attached

Regards... Pete

• Re: Blue Screen PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
          amdmatt

PFN_ List_Corrupt usually points to system memory corruption or an unstable overclock on the CPU or system memory. Download Memtest and use it to check each memory stick on your system individually for errors.

http://www.memtest.org/

coronation_pete

Thanks for the reply amdmatt,

My CPU is not overclocked

My memory is set to the specified settings (to the best of my ability and knowledge lol)

I did run the memtest86 program for the full duration - all 18 hours! But with both ram sticks in at the time.

It returned no errors.

I have been looking into the thought that it may be a bad driver but when i run driver verifier (excluding the microsoft drivers) my PC locks up in a muticoloured screen. No BSOD but i have to restart it and cancel the test or it continues.

Also, I see this in the windows reliability log almost on a daily basis -

"Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219. Product Version: 10.0.40219. Product Language: 0. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Reconfiguration success or error status: 0."

Regards... Pete

markwilliams

The PFN_LIST_CORRRUPT error is yet another error that causes the Blue screen of Death (BSOD) in Windows 10. Some users may also experience this error on other Windows operating systems if there’s some major issue in the system.

There can be many reasons why the list is corrupt, here are a few of them:

• Outdated and Faulty drivers. You need to update your drivers, to fix this issue
              • Windows version is not Updated
              • Virus and Antivirus problems
              • The hard drive is corrupt

following methods to fix the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error:

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager
              • Click on More Details at the bottom
              • Click on the Startup tab, you’ll now see a list of application
              • Search for Microsoft OneDrive, right-click on it and select the Disable option
              • Now, restart your PC and check whether the OneDrive service is disabled