6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2017 11:00 AM by red5

My main rig and the rest of my 10 PC LANcave

red5

IMG_1644.JPGIMG_0055.JPGIMG_1856.JPGIMG_0014.JPGIMG_0068.JPGIMG_0015.JPGIMG_0069.JPGIMG_1876[1].JPG

Just my rig to hold me over until Ryzen is released. It does what I need it to do. I have several other Radeon powered PCs as well.

Specifications

CPUCore i7 2600
      CoolerZalman
      MotherboardGigabyte
      MemoryCrucial Ballistix 16 GB
      GraphicsXFX RX480
      Disc Drive 1Kingston V300 240 SSD
      Disc Drive 2WD Black 500 GB RAID 1
      Disc Drive 3WD Black 500 GB RAID 1
      PSUPC Power and Cooling Silencer 750
      CaseThermaltake Core V51
      MonitorAsus, Samsungx2, Samsung 60" TV
        • Re: no name
          kxuping

Nice looking rig, What games do you play? Eyefinity?

• Re: no name
              red5

I don't have a ton of time to game any more.  I mostly play Heroes of the Storm when I do play.  I've used Eyefinity for Mechwarrior Online and it was pretty nice.

• Re: My main rig and the rest of my 10 PC LANcave
              kxuping

men, your new photos are amazing. The starcraft corner super. What chairs do you use on the Cybercafe part of your cave?

Its a basement?

red5

Yes, that's the basement of my house.  My chairs are just a mix of a bunch of stuff (but I've never had any complaints). As you can imagine, I've got a ton of time and money wrapped up in this and I'm not an individually wealthy person. It's not a business, it's just my house. I have a gaming group and we get people from all over the state of Ohio to come over for our LAN parties. We also have what we call our 'core' group, which are guys very near to me who come over on about a weekly basis to game. Had 6 of us down there Saturday and Sunday. They were running the new season of Diablo 3 and a couple of us were playing Heroes of the Storm.

I also am very willing to help anyone else who aspires to create a similar setup.  It does not need to be nearly expensive as you think as long as your expectations are realistic.

kxuping

Here on my country houses do not have basements, unless its a big expensive house and of very recent construction. We have earthquakes daily so all houses need a very big concrete base to be safe.

red5

Basements are a double-edged sword. They add a bunch of space to your house, but are prone to flooding. Thankfully my desks have shelves that keep the PCs about 8 inches off the ground. It would have to be really bad to ruin my setup.

The good thing is that it stays warm in winter and cool in summer regardless of having the PCs turned on.