10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2017 12:24 PM by frimz

rx 460 Help Please

frimz

Hello AMD family. I have been a AMD guy since I was 10 years old, I'm 26 now. I am starting to lose faith. I am about ready to scream my face off, and I am an expert user.

Last week I ordered a Sapphire RX 4604gb. Once it arrived I took out my GTX 660 Nvidia(my brother was testing it) which ran CSGO @ 1280x1024 144hz @ 230fps all LOW settings NO black bars..

-I uninstalled the drivers using UDD. All is uninstalled and fine.

-I installed the RX460 and downloaded the last drivers for that hardware.

My problems are,

-when I turn computer on the screen looks like its melting, than it goes to windows.

-I get 40fps in CSGO on all low settings.

-I Can no longer use stretched 4:3 in CSGO, I cant get rid of blackbars.

-I Can only use 1920x1280 144hz or 640x480144hrz on desktop.

-I Can no longer use 1280x1024 144hz on desktop(my fav res).

-When I try to use 1280x1024 144hz on desktop it changes its self to 1280x1024 @ 59hz, than when I try to put it at 144hz it changes its self to 640x480 @ 144hz.

-I get 30-90fps in all my games now, not enough to use my ASUS 144hz monitor.

-I can no longer access radeon additional settings to access my flat panel displays.

To add insult to injury my Radeon ASUS HD7770 gets 200fps+ on 1280x1024 144hz and this new RX460 can barley hit 100.

Is this card defective or has AMD really dropped the ball and this is how awful this card is.

Please someone help me figure out what is going on and why it's not letting me do 1280x1024 144hz and why I get awful FPS.

• Re: rx 460 Help Please
          frimz

someone please help me figure out why I can't do 1280x1024 @ 144hz anywhere and why I get low FPS??

redfury

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Start from this:Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program and install 16.11.5  driver

sandrino

Just asking, why would you run csgo stretched 4:3 and not just run it at your native aspect ratio? also why would you not choose to use your highest resolution available, frankly I don't see the problem here and yeah more system info would be nice.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  frimz

I have played CS for 16 years and professionally, the standard in professional today is 4:3 stretched, why? because it offers maximum performance and more frames, it also feels more like the classic Counter-Strike's which is a pretty good feeling.

the fact that this card CANT do 1280x1024 really shows that there is a massive problem with the card and or drivers. I can only do Native or 640x480 @ 144hz.

Also why am I only getting 40-90 frames on this card and I was getting 200+ on a GTX 660 and a HD 7770... Its like this RX 460 4GB is a downgrade.... At least that's what it feels like.

zwekan

Maybe this help:

First uninstall amd driver, reboot in safe mode, clean with DDU, and then install 16.11.5 driver,reboot-

Then open Your regedit and disable ULPS:

ULPS: How to disable

and restart.

Then open Global Wattman in AMD Radeon Settings and set power limit +20.( On 16.11.5 driver i use msi afterburner for this, without open wattman)

Dont forger to set Yours power settings to high performance in power option in Yours system(control panel,all control panel items,power options)

Next again open Your regedit :

Navigate to -

H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Graphics Drivers.

Right click on the open field and click on New / DWORD (32bit) Value,

Then name it:  TdrDelay -> double click it -> Set the value to 8.

I think this help ( i have Gigabyte RX460 oc 4g and this work for me)

Best Regards!