I bought a Sapphire RX 480 8GB Nitro+ graphics card a couple of weeks ago. It works perfectly when idle, but randomly crashes during playing games (usually crashes after 30 minutes of gameplay). It causes black screen, then corrupted screen then black screen again, after this my PC restarts. No errors message, the only time I got an error message it said Video device removed then restarted. The windows error message after the restart is blue screen. I had no problems with my old Gigabyte R9 270 OC, so that is I'm asking for help.
- Sapphire RX 480 8GB Nitro+
- CPU: Intel i5 4590 3,3GHz
- RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Fury 1600MHz
- Motherboard: Gigabyte LGA1150 Z97-HD3
- Power: Chieftec 550W CTG-550-80P OEM
- OS: Windows 7
I tried the following things:
- driver clean install (now I have the latest crimson 16.12.1)
- I tried tresstesting it with Furmark. Could not recreated the problem.
- tried to set power efficiency on
I tried it with the following games:
- Total War: Warhammer (no issue)
- Batman Arkham Knight
- Shadow of Mordor
Could it be that it is a faulty card or is it a common driver issue? Do AMD working on a fix?
Thanks for the help in advance!