13 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 5:56 AM by redfury

AMD Radeon HD 7730M gets BSOD after installing 16.12.2

ashveen96

Below information describes the hardware and software of my laptop.

AMD Graphics Card

• AMD Radeon HD 7730M
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • DELL Inspiron 15R SE 7520 Laptop

Operating System

• Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 16.12.2
      • Display Devices
        • Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)

Motherboard

• Dell Inc. 0PXH02 (U3E1)
      • CPU
        • Intel Core i5 3210M @ 2.50GHz
      • RAM
        • 6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz

I recently updated to AMD 16.12.2, when I open image processing applications and games I get Blue Screen. So I did a clean installation, I used DDU application and AMD Clean Up Utility to uninstall my INTEL and AMD drivers. I manually searched and installed the latest INTEL graphics driver (version 153343.4425) and reboot. Then I manually searched my AMD graphics driver too (16.12.2) and reboot. After reboot, when I am in desktop, all of a sudden I get a BSOD and then restarts automatically then the whole screen displays the crashed graphic pixels, then it restarts again, this time it goes to recovery options where i can access to restore system or safe mode options. This was an annoying problem so I went to safe mode and used DDU application to clean uninstall the AMD driver only. Currently no BSOD. But I cannot play any game or run a high end graphics application.

I did some research and did these too. Run these commands as admin in command prompt.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

After executing above commands I did check for Windows updates for any framework or other optional updates, but I didn't find anything. So I assume everything is up to date.

Can someone please tell me what I should do next and what more details I must provide to fix this?

Thank You!

ashveen96