AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD Radeon HD 7730M gets BSOD after installing 16.12.2

Question asked by ashveen96 on Jan 5, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 by redfury

Below information describes the hardware and software of my laptop.

AMD Graphics Card

• AMD Radeon HD 7730M
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • DELL Inspiron 15R SE 7520 Laptop

Operating System

• Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 16.12.2
  • Display Devices
    • Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)

Motherboard

• Dell Inc. 0PXH02 (U3E1)
  • CPU
    • Intel Core i5 3210M @ 2.50GHz
  • RAM
    • 6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz

I recently updated to AMD 16.12.2, when I open image processing applications and games I get Blue Screen. So I did a clean installation, I used DDU application and AMD Clean Up Utility to uninstall my INTEL and AMD drivers. I manually searched and installed the latest INTEL graphics driver (version 153343.4425) and reboot. Then I manually searched my AMD graphics driver too (16.12.2) and reboot. After reboot, when I am in desktop, all of a sudden I get a BSOD and then restarts automatically then the whole screen displays the crashed graphic pixels, then it restarts again, this time it goes to recovery options where i can access to restore system or safe mode options. This was an annoying problem so I went to safe mode and used DDU application to clean uninstall the AMD driver only. Currently no BSOD. But I cannot play any game or run a high end graphics application.

I did some research and did these too. Run these commands as admin in command prompt.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

After executing above commands I did check for Windows updates for any framework or other optional updates, but I didn't find anything. So I assume everything is up to date.

Can someone please tell me what I should do next and what more details I must provide to fix this?

Thank You!

ashveen96

Outcomes