24 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 2:13 PM by ajlueke

Most Anticipated Game of 2017

So far in our "Weekly Discussions" we've been focused on the past, and what our favorites are, but my mom always told me to look to the future.

With that, I was given a suggestion of discussing what game we're all most excited for in 2017. Just in case you haven't been paying attention, 2017 is looking to be a revolutionary year for gaming. There are so many new IPs, sequels, and reboots coming out that the level of excitement is through the roof.

We're already seeing the leading game sites posting their lists, and I wanted to hear from you all: What's your most anticipated game for 2017?

This was a particularly hard one for me to pin point. There were a few games that were my most anticipated for 2016, but were ultimately delayed. Then there are a few games that I've been waiting for quite some time to play.

I'm looking at games like Halo Wars 2, which I've been waiting to play for 8 years. Then there's Outlast 2, which was confirmed, unconfirmed, scheduled, then delayed. Y'all know my love of Mass Effect, so Andromeda is up there on the list. And of course, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Then there are new IPs coming out: Guardians of the Galaxy TellTale, Days Gone (2017 is wishful thinking), Detroit: Become Human, and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

All these, plus countless others I didn't mention, make this one of the hardest decisions to me. But there really is one game on the list that I've been dying to play. (no erin.maiorino it's not CupHead). You see, I'm a bit of a horror nut. From horror games to horror films to horror music, I love being terrified.

To me: Outlast, and it's DLC Outlast: Whistleblower, was the best horror game I can remember. It's funny, because I couldn't hide how terrified I was as I was streaming the entire playthrough. It was one of those game, that while horrifying, I couldn't stop playing. The story, gameplay, and immersion made for a one-of-a-kind experience. So, my most anticipated game of 2016 is also my most anticipated game of 2017, Outlast 2. Red Barrels knocked it out of the park. For an Indie Studio to make a game so wildly successful is a true testament to not only how great the game is, but the dedication RB has to their fans. They're even on record saying that OL2 would never come out unless the game made them scared.

I truly believe Outlast 2 is going to knock out pants off, or make us take them off to clean them. (That's if the 20 minute demo was a true representation of the game.)

With that being said, what are you most excited to play in 2017?

-Nel