12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 3:58 AM by zecrusher

Have more than 3 screens at one time on a 7950

zecrusher

Hello,
      I would like to have more than 3 screens under windows 10. But nothing to do !

Config :

CPU : i5-3570k
      Card : 2 x Radeo 7950 sapphir
      HD : SSD Corsair M4 + HD 1 To.
      Drivers : Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.2 Optional
      3x  Monitors (1 iiyama Prolite E2283HS[1920x1080] / 1 Dell E2211H [1920x1080] / 1 LG E2240 [1920x1080] )

Unable under windows 10 to have more than 3 screens while it works under Ubuntu :

78e1486370f1af72b712656095bf3d811b9ad460.png

Interface windows 10 :
      670bbff5cef06e50efdbea80dced7c812c6c1d9b.png

bc6a3e05746c4b0890359963ad499f9ef2caa260.jpg

f33987693477daad5390d03a349798a5e95bbc7b.jpg
      With Ubuntu everything works fine. I have 3 screens on an extended desk.

I'm sorry, my English is calamitous

Long life to AMD and Happy New Year !!!

• Re: Have more than 3 screens at one time on a 7950
          redfury

You need to disable crossfire in Radeon settings>Games>Global

In crossfire mode all displays must be connected to primary GPU(upper one)

zecrusher

Hello

At first, I had 2 cards in Crossfire, but as it did not work, I started by gradually eliminating any problems. So, currently I have only 1 video card, with a Windows WITHOUT any driver except the 16.12.2.

I have installed the drivers 16.12.2.

I started with a single connected screen, the DELL.

Then, I connected one by one the screens, Prolite E2283HS.

In Windows Manager, they are detected with Generic Plug-and-Play Monitor. I did not find a driver specific to my iiyama E2283HS screens, but there is no folder for this screen in the proposed drivers. ( iiyama - ProLite E2283HS  )

gest.JPG

But even after that, it does not work :

Card 7950 out DVI >=== > in DVI iiyama PL2283H ( First )
            Card 7950 out HDMI >===> HDMI iiyama PL2283H ( two )
            Card 7950 out Display port >===> convertisseur HDMI >===> in DVI DELL E2211H

Capture.PNG

3.png

If I turn off two screens, and I try to make my eyefinity, I can only have two screens. And I think my connection is good, because with all this, if I boot Linux, I have 3 screens at the same time with extended desktop !

Thank you very much for helping me, because I lost my Latin !!

redfury

1. iiyama PL2283H driver

2.Have you tried to configure your monitors by standard windows options? Or you need Eyefinity functional?

The main requirement for Eyefinity is one active (or native) DP connection

zecrusher

Bonjour Redfury,

1. iiyama PL2283H driverI have my screens recognized under windows with the correct names of my screens in the device manager, but that does not change anything.

2.Have you tried to configure your monitors by standard windows options? YES, and nothing !

Or you need Eyefinity functional? -> ???

-------

I think i put my question wrong, Have 3 screens under windows with my Radeon 7950.
                    To explain a little about my journey, I repair computers for several years. I know very well windows for having used it since windows 3, and even before with MS-DOS.

3.JPG

I do not know what to do !! I'm at the end.  Whatever I do, either Windows tells me "Unable to save the display settings" and so I can not activate 3 screens, either the drivers tell me, "A desktop or display must be disabled." WHY !   And HOP, I do "Restart", I boot under my linux partition WITHOUT NOTHING changing to my hookups .. and i had 3 screens with an outstretched desktop ! 

- I tried practically 10 different AMD drivers, even the drivers that were on the CD of my video card, and nothing to do.
                    - I placed my 7950 on 2 different motherboards, with each time a clean Windows, an ASUS with Intel CPU, and an MSI with an Athlon X2, and the same! (Of course on the Asus and the MSI, it works under Ubuntu).

A very big thank you to you to read me and to help me especially with my English so imperfect.

zecrusher

Ça MARCHE !!!!!! 
                  So why !?
                  I changed screen, if I have my screen DELL (and only because of it) I can not have 3 screens under windows. I stole between noon and two to my taf, the screen of the compta (lol oué!) And it works impec, I took another screen, an LG screen, it works !! Another Acer screen, it works !!

But if I connect my screen DELL, DVI, display port or HDMI, I can not have 3 screens. This is only because of the DELL!