14 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2017 6:58 PM by jonh86

rx480 computer freezes ingame with a black screen following afterwards.

weeb11

Desktop

AMD Graphics Card: NITRO+ Radeon RX 480 4GB GDDR5

Operating system: Windows 10 64bit

Display device: ASUS VE278 27inch 1080p (1920x1080) HDMI to HDMI

Motherboard: Asus B150M-A/M.2

CPU: intel i3-6100, LGA1151, 3,7GHz

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 500B, 80 plus bronze

RAM: Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) Vengeance LPX, DDR4 2133MHz

In installed the graphics card normally and it was working perfectly for the first day until I decided to upgrade to the latest AMD drivers (Crimson ReLive 16.12.2). The card would work perfectly with my Steam games even when playing something fairly demanding like rocket league and Civ VI. After playing some Steam games i tried to play something way less demanding like league of legends. The game would run 300+ fps but suddenly the screen would freeze, turn black and then the image would come back and everything would continue normally. This would occur between random times during a game. When trying to tab out from a window by pressing ALT + WINDOWS BUTTON in would be way too slow and would have a black screen for at least 5 seconds. I then decided to uninstall my graphics card drivers and tried installing previous drivers from sapphires own website (Crimson 16.9.1). This made freezes way less occuring during a League of Legends game. After that however, I tried to play civ VI. The game ran for good 20min and then my whole screen turned red and my computer restarted by itself. I decided to install the latest drivers back, but it didn't help anymore. I would be on my desktop doing nothing or browsing the internet and my screen would freeze for a few seconds, turn black afterwards for like 5 seconds, and then the image would come back and everything would continue normally. These occured at random times. Windows would would say something about having an unexpected error and restoring default Wattman settings. I tried to play some steam games and even they started having random freeze + black screens. Finally I took out the graphics card and started using intel hd graphics my CPU had. All problems went away, no freezes or black screens. I really want to get this card working.