3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2017 6:59 AM by redfury

computer freezes first time in the morning

igop

Hi guys, my computer freezes on every first time its switch on in the morning, after browsing for 2 minutes or so it will freeze and everything is unresponsive so i have to press the reset button.

So i will reset the computer but after few seconds after the windows start up it will shutdown itself. This is the routine of my computer in the morning, it freezes then i will restart then it will shutdown it self, so i will switch it on and it will be fine for the rest of day. Im using xfx r9 290 radeon. The only driver that it doesnt do this much is the 15.11 driver version, i tried each of the driver after this 15.11 until the latest 16.12.2 and still im getting this problem every morning. Sometimes when im playing call of duty remastered or doom it freezes and if i will just leave it freezing for couple of minutes the fan of the gpu will go very fast and so loud and if it does this the reset button will not work so i have to unplug it on the mains to reset the computer

• Re: computer freezes first time in the morning
          redfury

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION What is your OS version? We need your full system info

Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program and install 16.11.5 driver

• Re: computer freezes first time in the morning
              igop

thanks for reply, my system info is windows 10 pro 64bit, amd fx 8370e 3.3ghz, corsair 8gb ram1333mhz, xfx radeon r9 290 (presently installed 16.12.2), gigabyte 990fx-ud3 motherboard (has latest bios), sandisk ultra II ssd 256gb (os disk), 1tb samsung hdd, 500gb hdd, 750watts coolermaster psu, asus led 22" monitor

i have always using DDU program everytime im installing new drivers, may i know why you suggested 16.11.5 driver? im pretty sure i have used this driver and im still getting this problem, i have used all the driver from 15.11 to 16.12.2, i tested every driver for 4-7 days before installing the later version and so far the best is 15.11, with 15.11 version some morning my computer will not freeze, maybe its 3 out of 7 it wont freeze, i could have just stick with 15.11 but my games especially call of duty: infinite warfare is much much better with the crimson or latest drivers