I have just purchased a second sapphire rx 480 GTR 8gb to match the existing one I have. With one graphics card I was running 3440 x 1440 @ 75hz with freesync active in windows 10 into an LG 34UC98-W monitor with their supplied display port cable. I was having no issues at all with this combination.
After installing the second rx 480 into the system the only refresh rate option I have available in windows 10 under the Monitor Settings in 30 hertz (picture attached).
I have tried the following but nothing has helped to bring back the 60hz or 75hz options
- Uninstalled the AMD drivers completely and reinstalled them,
- Plugged display cable into the second graphics card instead of the first,
- I have checked all the settings in the Crimson software and cannot see anything that would be disabling the other refresh rates,
- Checked that freesync is still activated in the monitor settings,
- Checked Freesync and crossfire are both active in the AMD Crimson software,
- I am using the latest drivers (16.12.2).
If I pull the display port cable out of the top graphics card and plug it back in a windows 10 error window appears stating:
"The system has reported a link failure and cannot set the requested resolution and refresh rate. Your display might not support the requested resolution or there is....".
From what I have read this error normally occurs due to a poor quality display port cable or older version (not v1.2) cable. I am using the cable supplied by LG. The weird thing is that it works perfectly with one graphics card but once the second is installed the problem occurs.
Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve the issue?
All help is greatly appreciated. Cam