0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2017 7:37 PM by mr_perfect

Video not displaying after updating driver

mr_perfect

In Early November I booted my PC and the ASUS Bios and the Win 10 loadup screens were both dark red instead of the usual black and blue respectively. After a few minutes of churning, the screen went black as though my HDMI cable weren't plugged in. I could log in to windows using my hotmail account, but I just couldn't see anything. I switched out video cards to my old AMD card and it worked fine.

I used a utility called DDU to uninstall all my video drivers. Then I reinstalled the problem video card and used Windows update and updated the following: (1) AMD HD Audio Device, (2) AMD driver update for AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 series, (3) AMD driver update for AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 series, (4) AMD Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.*(can't see this value in my photo), Graphics Adapter WDDM2.09 - AMD Radeon HD 7970.

As these drivers were updating, the screen went black again as if there was no cable attached. I could still operate Windows, I just couldn't see.

This is a summary of the steps I've taken over the last 2 months. In the meantime I have primarily been using my old AMD card or my laptop.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you.

Specs:

• MSI R9 390X Gaming 8G
      • Desktop
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version: any version after 2 November 2016
      • Display: Dell U2711; Sony HD Television
      • Motherboard: ASUS ASZ170A Z170-A ATX
      • CPU: i5-6600K
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage:EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1 80+ Gold, 650 W Continuous Power, Fully Modular
      • RAM: 16GB