2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2017 6:11 PM by kxuping

Screen Goes Black While Gaming.

voidz

Hello,

I have been playing games on my AMD PC, that I bought roughly 2 weeks ago. Ever since I bought it, while I have been playing games, the 2 screens would lose signal. I phoned up the producers of my PC & they told me to install some AMD drivers (which I have now done around 3 days ago).

I got onto my PC today to start playing some games & after around 20 minutes or so, the screens went black then after about 5 seconds gained signal. There was a notification at the bottom from Radeon Settings saying "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure" the game then crashes and I have to go into Task Manager to kill the instance. I've also downloaded a program called 'WhoCrashed', I clicked analyse and it hasn't found any crashes. Help is appreciated

Games that have crashed:

- Minecraft (Also Modded)

- Team Fortress 2

- Skyrim

- Kerbal Space Program

- theHunter

I have also played 'The Impossible Game', but that hasn't crashed

I wasn't sure which specs to put so I threw in some Graphics specs as well in case that could help solve the issue.

My PC Specs:

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor  3.54 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB

System Type: 64-bit operating System

Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x67EF)

DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Adapter String: Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics

Total Available Graphics Memory: 7936 MB

Dedicated Video Memory: 4096 MB

System Video Memory: 0 MB

Shared System Memory: 3840 MB

Monitor:

Monitor Type: Generic PnP Monitor

Screen Refresh Rate: 60 Hertz

Colours: True Colour (32 bit)

Please could you not comment saying 'I have this issue too', because it doesn't help me to resolve this, or others who have this issue.

If there is any more information you'd like to know, please let me know! I'm desperate to get this resolved.

• Re: Screen Goes Black While Gaming.
          zealotki11er

By losing signal do you mean the screen just goes black or it actually says signal lost on the screen? Also if this is driver related in any way I would recommend to download DDU and remove any of the drivers you have now and install the latest ReLive driver. Another suggest and I know many people do not like to hear it is to move to Windows 10. It might not seem very apparent but AMD give Windows 10 driver higher priority than Windows 10 and 95% of the time Windows 10 drivers are better. It could be that Wattman had the cards overclocked since you did not build it yourself and the black screen is just the cards not being stable. Installing new driver over that does not fix the problem.

• Re: Screen Goes Black While Gaming.
            kxuping

Test disabling C6 state on the BIOS, it worked for me when I had the problem