1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 2, 2017 5:07 PM by jigzaw

I don't think my hardware/software is being used like it could

tjbyrum

I have a Dell Insprion 3656 which I bought from Best Buy a little while ago, and I think I am having issues with it, or maybe I'm not getting as much out of it as I could... Anyway, I'm not familiar with these kinds of things and I was wanting some help.  This link should give you a good idea of what I have:  Dell Inspiron Desktop - AMD FX-Series - 16GB Memory - 2TB Hard Drive Black I3656-8022RED - Best Buy

Here is what information I can provide:

• AMD R9 360
      • Dell Inspiron 3656
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed:  I assume Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6
      • Display Devices:  HP w60 Wide LCD Monitor; the display mode says 1440x900, 32bit, 60Hz
      • For processor it says:  AMD FX-8800P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G (4 CPUs), ~2.1 GHz
      • 16 GB RAM

For starters, I was told that I am not using my 'dedicated GPU', and despite searching online I cannot find out how to 'switch over' (tutorials refer me to a Catalyst Control Center, but that's non-existent on my computer).  Second, when I go to play games like Rome II Total War or Attila Total War it tells me "Your drivers may be out of date.  Check for updates."  Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to go about the correct way to find these updates; I am sure it's easy, but I am cautious and do not want to mess anything up.  And finally, I was wondering if there are any tips and suggestions that I can use to make my games run or look better, if at all possible; I was going to mess with some settings in the Radeon Settings menu, but had almost no idea what I was doing; basically, am I even using my graphics card?  If I am, is it somehow 'toned down' or something?

The only games I play on my computer is every Total War game, namely Attila and Rome II.  These games run fine, but I keep them on average or slightly above average graphical settings.