1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 2, 2017 3:39 PM by redfury

need a 1 on 1 with dev/support technician (driver issues)

hemoplague

I've been running into a lot of roadblocks lately and drivers are the likely culprit. I'd rather not subject the community to my little sob story, especially seeing as how its unlikely any of you can help me.

For those who are interested, I'm currently using a Radeon HD 6670 video card. It has done me no wrong, and I got it for free along with the rest of my PC from a good friend. The only problem is that there are no driver updates for that series anymore (as far as I know) and it may be costing me performance. I was finally able to buy Total War: Shogun 2 (a game I've really wanted to play for a very long time) and according to minimum and recommended specs, I should be able to run the game on high settings easy peasy. The game runs at between 5-12 fps regardless of graphic settings/resolution. It is unplayable and I have experimented to the fullest with task manager priority, affinity, in game options, and install verification. I have even checked for fragmentation in my drives, but they automatically defrag and came up clean. I read somewhere in a Total War forum that Shogun 2 is known to have issues with out of date drivers. This is so frustrating because the listed graphics card on TWS2's recommended specs is "AMD Radeon HD 5000 and 6000 series or equivalent".... the very card I have.

TL;DR

1. Lucky to have the card (and pc) I have (Radeon HD 6670)

2. Extremely outdated drivers causing me serious issues with Total War: Shogun 2

3. Have tried everything, but cannot run game despite meeting recommended and then some on paper

4. Is there anything I can do?