26 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2017 4:34 PM by johnnyboy1

I recently upgraded my graphics card and am now experiencing poor performance and instability. What could be the cause of this (details below)?

johnnyboy1

Card: Amazon.com: Gigabyte Radeon Rx 460 Windforce OC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Cards (GV-RX460WF2OC-2GD): Computers & Accessories

Computer that I put the card into: HP Support document - HP Support Center (HP Pavilion p7-1534)

Videos run fine but most games are a problem. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this card should be more than capable to play mildly intensive games such as Overwatch. In Overwatch (and other games, while it is most noticeable in Overwatch), I get around 60 fps but when I come across too many particle effects or players I drop to around 10-20 fps. Needless to say, this makes it almost completely unplayable. With my old integrated graphics chip, I got around 30 fps steadily, which I'd say is better than this. This happens regardless of the settings that I put it at. I've updated my driver to no avail.

All I can think of is that it could have something to do with the power supply, which is 300w, as the link to my computer shows. I was led to believe that 300w should be enough, but maybe I was wrong. Any ideas?