6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2017 5:33 AM by redfury

AMD Graphics Driver Won't Work

yarinlowe

Hi!

In the last few weeks I'm having trouble with my HD Radeon 7790 video-card.

It all started with the video-card spontaneously stops outputting (via DVI/HDMI).

Then, I tried to uninstall and do a clean install of the relevant drivers, which caused many problems (couldn't perform a successful installation of a driver).

I decided to format my computer, install Windows 7 (64 bit) again, and do a clean install of the graphics driver.

The installation finished successfuly and I restarted my computer.

When I enter "AMD Radeon Settings", it displays the infamous error message:

No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly.

Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.

I searched the internet for a few days now, looking for an answer, but I only find answers of "try uninstall and install",

which are not relevant for me... (I formatted my computer :\ )

Of course, my biggest suspicion is a hardware problem, but I wanna try to deprive anything else, before concluding this is the problem.

Does anyone have an idea of getting more focused on the problem? (and of course, even fix it...)

Thanks in advance for the responders!

Edit:

I tried also the auto-detect installation - won't work.

And, I think it's a critical piece of information, Windows Device Manager seems to successfuly recognize the video-card.