21 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2017 2:21 PM by ifixit

amd a10 7860k overheating??

s1406

Hello I have acquired a new processor type Two days ago I think 7860K CPU alone CPU heats up around 40-50 degrees and the effort of playing GLOBAL COUNTER processor reaches 70 by the software HWMonitor

Is that right? What the minimum and maximum heat Such processes should work?

Everything is made up properly checked twice :-)

Sorry for the language I use Google Translate as I speak Hebrew

• Re: amd a10 7860k overheating??
          redfury

72.4C is max safe operating core temp for the 7860K.

The minimum and maximum heat depends on your current cooling system

Your CPU cooling system is not so good, as i can see.But as long as it can hold your CPU below 72.4C it can be considered as acceptable.

hardcoregames™

spend some pesos on a tube of Arctic MX-4 and redo your thermal material, then you can push your CPU hard and it will be cooler in operation

THERMAL INTERFACE MATERIAL » HARDCORE GAMES™

ifixit

So wrong mate, so wrong, aint going to work..at all. he'll need Nitrogen to cool that, I had z5 on it and a huge as hell direct contact heatpipe cpufan, no difference , well 2 degree's and still the cpu alarm was going off. he's got my compatability issue, now I know i'm correct and AMD and Gigabyte and stuffed up BIG time.

I'm just waiting to see if he turns off cool and quiet 2 of the cores shut down..thats a belter that one a K processor on cool and quiet..what a joke.

s1406

I am attaching a picture of the two programs. Some degree reflect the processor heat?

לכידה.JPG

s1406

thats all the sensor dear friend .

thats my first time i use amd because that i think thats weird temp in rest 50+

what the safe max CPU Package.for my cpu ??

thanks

לכידה.JPGלכידה11.JPG

hardcoregames™

a tad warm but ok, like i said ^ better thermal material can bring those temperatures down

redfury

Cpu package temp can be around +5/+10 more than CPU Core temp.For your CPU it is 75-77C

I think your CPU temperature is OK.

You may change CPU cooler behavior to more aggressive in BIOS to reach lower temperature at idle state.

ifixit

Red at the least you should be able to complete a benchtest without the thermal alarms in the bios settings screaming at you within 4 minutes???

Come on guys, how's that stable? 72 -75-77 cpu specs are max 71.3.. anything hotter will what, give you a cpu till the warranty expires? Because I'd imagine that long running those temps is about all it's got.

You read my post on that CPU motherboard too, https://community.amd.com/message/2778103#comment-2778103  exact same hardware, foirget the last 4 that just denotes each boards extra's the base is the same Gigabyte F2A88x are you not thinking compatability issue, boards not fit for that CPU yet, that it's the only A10 cpu with a 45/65 thermal design all other A10's are 95w and handle temps better..?

PS I did a proper bench test, 103.5 degree's celcius and then the system crashed..103 freaking degree's.

ifixit

Quite strange yours s1406 ok

that pic your cpu is around 50 degree's on idle, as you can see from the package sensor current.. max it has reached while you ran the program was 64 degree's BUT go down and look at the lower ones where it says CPu, I believe that's headroom, you have 14 degree's to play with., either that or at idle your core temp is sitting at 14 degree's at idle it should be around 1-5 roughly degree's the core, so nothing there is as it should be on a properly good cpu functioning as it should be.

My a8-6600k idle core temp about 0-1 degree, loaded up if it reached around 20-24 per core the system would crash because your reading per core, and 4 x that, heating the cpu package is getting way up there..70+ degree's.

s1406

ok thanks :-)

ifixit

I'm sorry to inform you, I just sent that exact cpu back for a compatability issue and other issues one being your overheating, regardless of what others have told you here so far, if you enable temp alarm in your bios and run a stress on it, you'll likely find the alarm going off within 4 minutes, the CPUfan supplied is subpar, I take it you used the accompanying cpu fan? So I've been waiting to see if anyone else was posting issues..ta da.. here we go.

Out of interest if you disable cool and quiet does 2 of your cores turn to 14x multiplier the lowest setting and stay there even when benching the cpu? Mine did, that was my second fault with it, then there's your PCIe bus not running at PCIe 3 x16, reporting 8x, and lastly the fact on my MB all the raid controller for ports 4-7 were not switching between raid and AHCI.

and the thermal max is 71.3 degree's and mine to idles at 50..any load cooks it. alarms going off, fan full speed have super duper cpu fan here tried that, same issue.

What Motherboard are you using by the way? far out same board? f2a88xm-hd3p???????? omfg.

https://community.amd.com/message/2778103#comment-2778103

see what I've been going through in this thread.

dogf

Hi, ifixit.

Im using an watercoller on the cpu, yet my mobo is an gigabyte  g1 sniper a88x rev 3.0. Get another program (amd overdrive) to check the cpu temp, still thinks that its very hot.Sem título2.jpg 

ifixit

I used several programs including amd overdrove, but amd util was worst of them all I thought, but all were pretty muich reporting the same thing. HWinfo, amd's overdrive,performance tools in windows.. only for sure, the manufacturer cannot argue with me is the bios alarm one.. and the fact under stress my kit locked and crashed at those temps while alarm was sounding off, at about 103.? degree's celcius. that's hotter than boiling water.

Cannot hide behind it's the software your using when you do it via the bios that way, and it's good solid evidence when asking for a refund.

the ramping down of speed. say you bought a Ferrari and was driving on a track and it slowed to 50kmh.. as the engine was overheating..

What if farrari said, nah mate it's working fine. it's will reach top speed at first so all's good. it's designed that way or another excuse..

Not very sure on this combo at all.

GB just got back to me, apparently after nearly two weeks of trying to explain the fault over and over to them, they ran a test rig up finally, only asked them toi do exactly that so I could eliminate a hardware fault 2 weeks ago.. never mind my main rigs down., They said they could not recreate the fault..Really? hmmm smelling bovine excrement here, 3 people with heat issues one GB engineer saying no issue..

ifixit

Oh I just noticed.. 2 cores at full speed 2 on idle in your picture dogf, HOT DAMN!!!! we have a fkn problem ..yes sir ree, AMD  you have a fkn issue here!

ifixit

seriously now, PULEEEASE, can you check amd cool and quiet is disabled in your bios, reboot put a load on that cpu, superpi cupid bench/stress anything and see if the other two cores kick in, and start rising, on further look one was 17x one was 16x on your image mine were both locked down to 14x which is the minimum it can go to, and would not ramp up or how do I say kick in as you loaded up the workload for the cpu.

dogf

Same question. I have the same processor with an water cooler coolermaster seidon. Hwinfo its giving me this. So, my question is, what im supose to read? CPU Package or Cpu Tctl?

Thanks in advance.

Sem título.jpg

ifixit

Oh bit rude of me sorry Dogf, to answer your question , actually both, one reports the thermal overhead of cpu, per core, one reads the whole cpu package..

Now I would have to step aside to a better knowledged person to explain the tctl setting it's anew way they calculate how much more voltage and heat the cpu can take and I think it works , but i'm still learning about that new feature, the core package reports how hot the cpu is. over all.. not each internal core..

But no I still have a lot of catch up studying to do on the new hardware out these days.. along with finding out how to fix the new windows where they hide everything and put settings in obscure places, because apparently we are all to stupid to manage our PC's.

ifixit

I am really interested in people with flavours of the A88x chipset motherboard, and specifically the Gigabyta GA-F2A88XM-XXXX last 4 can be whatever, boards but the H3DP I would specifically like to know about for reference. If they enter the bios and look under cpu features settings whatever ..Find AMD Cool and Quiet and disable it, reboot. Open up HWINFO64 or any other program that will show cpu core speeds to see whether 4 cores of the processor are working or whether 2 cores are shut down.

As this setting disabled all 4 cores should still be operating fully, it's a bug I had, but I am unsure whether my motherboard was Faulty, or it's a real big stuff up by AMD and Gigabyte and I can get an upgrade out of them .

As for those temps.... WOW....all I can say WOW...oh and they are all way to hot,dogf your voltages are nearly a volt over the cpu's recommended core voltage 1.4v

your on idle at nearly 60 degree's on watercooling!!@!!!! WOW HOT. you've only got ten degree's headroom.

Never mind any reporting program, new CPU cannot be trusted, go into the bios. PC health whatever yours is look for the spot where you can set cpu fans, you should see a setting for alarm and a temperature for the cpu, set it to 70 degree's  save and reboot, then run a stress test from Cpuid tick the 4 threads box and watch .. if the board starts making a buzzing alarm, signalling 70 degree's within a a few minutes..this CPU is a lemon.

71.3 degrees is the tmax of my A10.. so I set it to 80- then 90 and off.. it went off on all settings, it's reached in HWmonitor under load 103.5 degree's.. Celcius.. 103.5 degrees is just a smidgeon cooking.. and I think that package temp is correct, because the exhaust heat from my case was real fkn hot.