27 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2017 3:03 AM by goodplay

Stuttering in EVERY game. FPS all over the place

malicefl

(Specs below) 

In every single game I seem to play, very noticably in Shadow Warrior 2, Hitman, Warframe, sometimes in Battlefield 1, even in DOOM, an incredibly optimized game, my FPS is ALL OVER THE PLACE. It's not low frame rates, my frame rates in every game in ultra or high is usually 50+, which is great. My problem is that its an uncontrolled frame rate. It goes from 60, down to 50, then up to 80, then down to 30, all in 3 seconds, and it's been happening in every game I've been playing lately. And it causes a lot of stuttering, and I really notice it. I have installed latest drivers, cleaned my system with the air spray. Re installed every game that I tried, put games into my SSD, validated the local caches, and I cant seem to think of anything else to do. The ONLY thing I can think of is how hot my GPU gets, It goes up to 80 degrees sometimes, lately I saw it even go up to 84, but I asked around and people tell me that their GPU gets that hot sometimes, and they dont experience the same problems as me.

XFX R9 390 8GB

i5 6600k 3.5 Ghz (Can't overclock because I bought the wrong mobo)

Asus H170-M Plus

16 GB RAM

CPU fan cooler, (I dont remember the name but it keeps my CPU under 40 celsius

1 TB HDD 5400 rpm

256GB SSD

750w PSU

Case: Corsair Air240

Viewsonic 144Hz 1080 monitor with free sync

I really, really need help.So I literally have to put this everywhere. .Because I can not find an answer to this problem no matter what I do. There seems to be many people having this problem but I havent seen one solution that worked and the solutions I do see, it's only for a specific game, and I am getting so sick of it I'm literally about to just sell my PC. I would appreciate any help I can get, I'm on vacation so I have a lot of time to sit down and work on it. Thank you for your time. I have a Discord and Skype.