2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2016 10:05 AM by skrnjic

Freeze

skrnjic

OK im using lenovo g500 with dedicated amd r5 m200/hd8500 series, few days ago i did clean windows install cos i switched my hdd with ssd, and there is no option for chosing cards. So i went to device menager and card is there and it says drivers are up to date, next i went online and used autodetect and i downloaded crimson instalation whent true and i used express install near end pc freeze i left him to work but it stayed frozen for few hours, i restarted(had to pull battery out) and went back to see there is crimson installed but not working, as soon as i try to do anything(uninstall drivers from device manager, uninstall crimson form control panel, starting ddu to do uninstall, i went and downloaded drivers manualy and started instalation again freeze) or trying to do anything that has to do with amd graphic pc freezes and i have to restart, tried safe mode wont enter, tried disabling windows defender(i dont have any other AV) freeze... is there anything else but trying to reinstall windows again which is pain and i dont wanna do it unless it leaves only that option. So conclusion amd simply freezes my .

• Re: Freeze
          kingfish

Are you installing the drivers to the default location? Are you changing the download location?

Disabled all anti-virus/malware/personal firewalls?

Correct current drivers for your laptop ...who knows? You didn't supply the information needed. There are dozens of different Lenovo g500's.

Laptop graphics update...How to

• Re: Freeze
              skrnjic

I have only one firewall as said it is windows defender and i disable it, well if i go to express install it should be installing them on right place? Dont know what more information u need i am using lenovo g500 dont know which one of them but it has Intel Pentium CPU 2020m @2.4ghz, 4gb RAM and AMD Radeon HD8750 2GB thats what i can get u from box, also in display he shows AMD Radeon R5 m200/ 8500HD instead of HD8750 and says that device is working when i enter properties but if i try to do anything else it freezes, hope this is enough info im waiting for answer few more days than doing reinstall on windows again.