5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2017 11:35 AM by redfury

Eyefinity pci-e 2.0

drakanis82

Hello,

I am running into an issue i cannot find a resolution for. I have 3 monitors, setup on a crossfire set pc system 2 r9 270x 2gb graphics cards in a PCI-E 2.0. Every time i try to enable to EYEFinity system with them 3 monitors connected, it only shows 2x1 or 1x2 stating its all its capable of doing. I have tried also to enable all 3 monitors, but i get an error message when 2 of them are connected. I just want to verify that there is no limitation while using a 2.0 port for they eyefinity. I have purchased a DP cable that (from my understanding) is an "ACTIVE" display port. Can someone veirfy for me. it will be very much appreciated. ^u^

• Re: Eyefinity pci-e 2.0
          redfury

What specific models of monitors do you have? For AMD Eyefinity all displays must be connected to primary GPU in multi GPU configuration

Show me your R9 video outputs and wich way you want to connect your monitors

drakanis82

2 aoc and a westinghouse. i am capable of eyefinity between the monitors on 3 different setups but not all 3. IE 1 - 2, 1 - 3, 2 - 3. they are connected in this fassion.1 DVI straight. 2 ADP to DVI. 3. HDMI to DVI. I even tried using my HDTV as well and get the same result. But i was reading online there was an issue between the newer updates and windows 10. so i am going to try the recommended by backdating the amd software to 14.9 and test that out. i will post a result. the active.

black_zion

No, there is no PCIe limitation with Eyefinity. Are you sure your adapter is actually an active adapter, and all displays are connected to the primary card?

drakanis82

Yes i did verify that it is an active port by using another active port i borrowed from a friend of mine. I do have all plugged into the same primary graphics adapter. and i verified information from the AMD site and setup with the recommended. DVI to DVI port. ADP to DVI HDMI to DVI. Eyefinity will mix and match two monitors at a time, but will not the third. And i was able to do 3 different combinations of dual screen eyefinity.1 - 2 1 - 3 and 2 - 3. But will not do 1 - 2 - 3. I am going to try something that i read online. I am running windows 10 and it mentioned that there were issues with driver compatibility between 10 and eyefinity. so i am going to try backdating to 14.9 and see if that will resolve and will post the results.