0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2016 8:30 PM by accamd

BSOD when playing videos in fullscreen

accamd

Hello,

since I've updated my drivers to relive I'm experiencing a problem when going full screen with some applications, the system starts to freeze and eventually crashes giving a BSOD with error "Critical process died" or another one that I don't remember but I did read a brief description and it was said the error was caused when a core process has it's memory corrupted by another program..

How to reproduce:

Method 1) Start playing any video in PotPlayer (64bit, ver 1.6.63856) and go full screen

Method 2) go fullscreen while using ProgDvb 7 (latest version)

with both methods the content freezes on a frame, the system starts lagging (the mouse cursor jumps around instead of moving smoothly), eventually there's a BSOD.

However if I go full screen with one of those apps but I rapidly atl-tab to the task manager when it freezes and kill the process the pc won't crash (I tried this 'couse I updated the relive drivers and I wanted to check if the problem was still there)

If I play videos with another video player like VLC or MPC I don't have issues with full screen, the only game I'm playing lately it's dota2 and it works in fullscreen.

I tried the sfc /scannow thing but it didn't find anything out of order.

My specs are (taken directly from relive)

Versione software Radeon - 16.12.2

Edizione software Radeon - Crimson ReLive

Chipset grafico - AMD Radeon R9 200 Series <- R9 270X

Capacità della memoria - 2048 MB

Tipo di memoria - GDDR5

Clock principale - 1070 MHz

Versione Windows - Windows 10 (64 bit)

Memoria di sistema - 8 GB

Tipo di CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz

Is this a known issues? Is there a known way to fix this?

Thanks in advance for the replies.