6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 9:37 AM by vegasecurea

AMD Radeon R3 960GB version?

vegasecurea

When is the release date of the 960GB version? On amazon I only see 120, 240, and 480 versions.

• Re: AMD Radeon R3 960GB version?
          black_zion

They have been discontinued, they're just not very popular because their performance is abysmal.

hardcoregames™

There is so much competition for SSD drives

The 960GB is not even the Amazon catalog, so the 120GB, 240GB and 480GB are all that are available. Prices are not competitive.

vegasecurea

I would go for the R3s IF they maintained the black-dark gray look of the R7 series. Was just wondering cause atm I have to settle for overpriced R7 480GBs to complete my AMD themed rig, lol. I bought my R7 480GBs back when they were $150ish. Should have bought 6 more back then. Now they are going for $300-$500, lol.

black_zion

Just buy you a Samsung 850 Evo and glue an AMD logo on it, with write performance in the 30,000 IOPS range from the Toshiba made AMD R3 SSDs, they're worse than bargain basement.

http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-850-Evo-250GB-vs-AMD-Radeon-R3-240GB/2977vsm134613

hardcoregames™

Samsung and Toshiba are now the top makers of SSD logic, and Samsung brand is very popular

I am looking more at M.2 which have insane bandwidth for Ryzen when it surfaces next year

vegasecurea

I can't wait for Ryzen as well. Going to build another AMD-themed system, Ultimate AMD 2017. Current system is 'Ultimate AMD 2014' showcasing all of AMD's Flagship products. Its been finished I just want to fill all the SSD trays, lol.

Ultimate AMD 2014:                                                           Ultimate AMD 2017:

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD7                                            GA-AM4-UD7 (hopefully with 4-way Crossfire and M.2 support)

AMD FX-9590                                                                     Ryzen Flaship Enthusiast CPU

AMD FX Series AIO Liquid Cooler                                      Hopefully they keep the FX brand so I can

continue to use the FX AIO.

AMD Radeon R9 2400 Gamer Series DDR3 8GB (x4)      Radeon RX Gamer Series DDR4 (x4)

AMD Radeon R9 295X2 (x4)                                              Radeon RX 480X2 (x4), otherwise Pro Duo (x4)

AMD Radeon R7 480GB (x4 with 4 more to go)                 Radeon RX 960GB (x8)

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 1500 Classified (x2)                    I will continue to use NEX 1500 Classified (x2).

I know EVGA is strictly Nvidia and Intel just like Sapphire is strickly AMD. But if EVGA made AMD motherboards, memory, and gpus I would be able to have two themes in one and instead I would name it EVGAMD I singled out EVGA because of their NEX 1500 Classified. It as and continues to impress me with its longevity, reliability, and overclock mode. But I am also impressed with GigaByte's UD7. Being able to handle 4 Graphics cards like a boss, on top of which those graphics cards can be dual GPUs and still handles them like a champ. Yes you can only use max of 4 GPUs (2 dual-gpu graphics cards). But if you run computing work/projects you can utilize all 8 gpus without needing to spend more on expensive server motherboards or ones specifically made mining. I could go either way really, if GigaByte also made a 1500-1600W PSU with overclock mode, AMD RAM, and SSDs. The end result would still be the achieved, two themes in one since I already have the motherboard and the GPUs are from Gigabyte as well