14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2017 8:52 PM by fortytwo42

Recently updated drivers are slowing down my computer.

fortytwo42

I recently updated my graphics drivers, and immediately saw a significant decrease in performance (very slow while playing games). Is there a way to go back to how the drivers were before I updated? If so, would this be the best course of action? The drivers were apparently 509 days old before I updated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• AMD Graphics Card
        • Microsoft Basic Display Driver(?) (Could be the problem, see Driver Version Installed, below)
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab153nr
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • I'm confused here, because when I tried to open AMD Catalyst Control Center, it says I don't have an AMD Card installed. I'm confused because I updated from the AMD site. Could this be the problem?
      • Display Devices
        • None(if I understand this correctly)
      • Motherboard
        • HP, 80AF, PFDTU018J185YN, Version 81.29
      • CPU/APU
        • AMD A10-8700 Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 1.80 GHz
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • No idea on this one, I read that you have to open up your computer for this and I wont't be doing that.
      • RAM
        • 8 GB

I tried my best to find all the correct information, but some of it may be wrong/in the wrong spot on my list.

Issue:I installed and started playing Runescape, and they recommended that I update my graphics driver, providing a link to the AMD site. So I did this and started playing, and the game wasn't too fast even after the update, so I don't think it helped there. Additionally, I tried to run Minecraft Version 1.11.2 (Latest Version), which had previously worked, but it crashed, and continued to crash. In the crash report, it shows these errors: "OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread." and "Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null".I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft multiple times, but the problem persists. Also, when running Pokemon Trading Card Game Online, the game was extremely slower than it ever had been before. All of these problems appeared immediately after I updated my driver.