2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2017 4:45 PM by sasheto

Black screen after installing amd drivers!!

sasheto

Hello guys !

I bought new radeon r9 390 sapphire video card and after installing the video drivers from the cd of the card everything was ok. But after installing the latest drivers (16.12.2) or earlier drivers (16.11), after 1 hour for example (its random), the screen just get black. I have reinstalled my windows and again nothing. If i stay with the default drivers from windows, or the drivers from the cd everything is ok. But i cant play games like Battlefield 1.  I am 10000 % sure that the problem is from the drivers, because i bought today new ram (kingston ddr4 2133mhz),cpu(i5-6500) and mother (asus H110m-a). And before that i used to use asrock 970 pro 3 mainbother with fx-8320 and 16 gb ddr3 kingston mamory....with both pc parts the problem was same - black screen after 10,15 min, 1 hour....its all random. The problem is not in  the video card because when the drivers are uninstalled, there is no problem. I hope you can help

P.P I am sorry for my bad English!!!!!

• Re: Black screen after installing amd drivers!!
          pysceeper

hey i have the same problem.

i have a AMD fx9590 cpu

and asus m5a990fx pro r2.0

and the MSI R9 390X

Geil 16 GB 1833 Mhz

Windows 8.1

crosair 1000 Watt platinum psu

the problem is that sind the new drivers the 16.12.1 and the 16.12.2 the pc is suffering from bad drivers and faulty drivers. its causing random black screens every 15 min. or so. and i tried everthing older drivers everything. and when the black screen happens the sound go on and is not in a loop. only the dislay goes black for 5 sec or so. that means its a programming.

hope you have an anser for this.

Greetings Pysceeper