0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2016 2:41 PM by pinky

RX 480 Low FPS in Archeage (but not other games)

pinky

Hey, hoping someone can help me out here. I'm currently struggling to get above 25 FPS on a game called Archeage, but I have zero problems with any other games I've tried playing using the RX 480. I know the GPU is working fine because I can max out Just Cause 3 without any noticeable frame rate issues, so I'm not really sure what I'm missing. One very strange thing I've noticed is while playing with in game graphics settings, anything I change seems to have a very minor impact on my FPS, such as going from all lowest settings to all maxed settings. One other piece of information is that I play the game through steam, so when I launch the application it actually starts their client launcher and then I boot the game from it.

It just seems like the game isn't utilizing the GPU or something, because the game runs better when I play it from my Surface Book (with dedicated GPU). Please see the attachments for system specs and a picture of Wattman trending while I was playing Archeage.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.