5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2016 4:29 PM by hxr.keltz

DirectX 11 hangs after 16.12.1 ReLive update on R9 380

hxr.keltz

Graphics Card: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G OC Edition with Backplate

Core runs up to 1010 MHz, Memory up to 1450 MHz, does not exceed 70C under load.

Is installed in the x16 slot of the motherboard.

Desktop/Laptop: Desktop

Operating System: Windows 10 64 Bit

Driver Version: 16.12.1

Display Devices: Asus VN247H @ 1080P 60Hz, HDMI

Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 R5
      CPU: AMD FX-6300
      Power Supply: EVGA NEX650G (650W, 80 Plus Gold)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 4x4GB @ DDR3-1600 (PC3 12800)

Problem: Lately, I have been experiencing crashes to the desktop in most DirectX 11 games, starting moments after installing the ReLive edition of the Crimson drivers. The problem is intermittent, but tends to occur no less than 5 minutes, and no more than 40 minutes, after starting a DirectX 11 game. Games that have an alternate mode such as DirectX 9 in GTA 5, Final Fantasy XIV, and Guns of Icarus Online, can run perfectly fine for upwards of 5 hours in this mode, albeit with reduced performance and a bit of noticeable input lag. (I have not tested longer durations.) Operating other Windows applications such as Mozilla Thunderbird or Teamspeak is fine. After a game crashes, Radeon Settings will usually not open, becoming unresponsive and forcing Windows to terminate it before it loads the interface. A reboot is required to restore the Radeon Settings app to working order. One of these crashes will also break the Windows 10 theme for window title bars, making them appear partially as a "classic" title bar, until a reboot. (Windows 2000-esque, if that makes sense.)

Affected Games (Where I've verified it works outside DX11):
      Final Fantasy XIV

Grand Theft Auto V

Guns of Icarus Online

Graphics Settings Used:

1080p @ 60Hz

FXAA

Anisotropic Filtering, 4-16x

High Texture Quality

Radeon settings have been reset globally, issue still persists.

ReLive is disabled, and I haven't even tried it so far.

I can provide screenshots if needed, but I don't have them at the moment. I'll post them in a reply once I've got them all.

Message was edited by: Chris Keltz Reason: Forgot to mention ReLive settings.