AnsweredAssumed Answered

RX470 goes black screen with "no signal" until switching PC off and on

Question asked by glcoder on Dec 27, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 by nunnah67

Hello. I've got a problem with my RX470 and latest AMD drivers (Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1). In several games I've getting black screen with "no signal" on monitor, It occurs at a certain point in different games (such as Dying Light, Heroes Of The Storm, Rising of The Tomb Rider, and some others), so I was able to 100% reproduce it. It happens with ReLive enabled or disabled. Rebooting my PC doesn't help, only switching it off and on again. At first I was thinking of overheating and I used Open Hardware Monitor to log sensor data, after the crash I opened the log and saw that temperature before crash of CPU (50-60 C) and GPU (50-52 C) was just fine, but at the moment of crash GPU temperature sensor is reporting 500 C and no data from other sensors, that's just weird. And this is never happened outside of a game. After I've downgraded to previous AMD driver (Crimson Edition 16.11.5 Hotfix) things goes just fine, no crashes, no black screen, everything is fine. So I think this is an driver issue. I can provide additional info if you want.

You can see sensors data from one of the crashes here.

Specs:

CPU AMD FX-8350

GPU ASUS ROG STRIX-RX470-O4G-GAMING

MB ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0

PSU 550W Corsair CS550M

RAM 16Gb DDR-III 1866MHz Crucial Ballistix Tactical (BLT2CP8G3D1869DT1TX0CEU)

Outcomes