• CPU/APU
    • Intel i5 4690k
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair CX 500 500W (80 PLUS BRONZE)
  • RAM
    • 16GB

ISSUE

Hi!

I've been playing this game (Lineage II) for years. I was using my iGPU until I got my Radeon card two days ago. It's very common to run up to 3 instances of this game.

However, the newest drivers (16.12.2 or 16.12.1) are crashing few minutes after a second game instance is oppenend. The crashes are so constant that it makes it hard to quit the game. After these crashes, sometimes its even hard to reboot the computer and even the BIOS setup runs laggy.

Then, I decided to install the drivers from the ASUS website. It worked. No more crashes. They provide an old version of the drivers (16, I think). After installation, I decided to update the driver through the AMD Settings. AMD settings gave me two update options: 16.12.1, as recommended; and 16.11.5, as optional. I tried to update to the 16.12.1 version, but it says "The components are already installed". I was able to install the 16.11.5 version, however.

So here I am stuck on an old - but functional - driver. I really wanted to use all the resources from the latest drivers, but I don't know what is going on.

Only the driver 16.5 seems to run stable for me. The 16.6 WHQL drivers from Windows Update seems to be crashing as well on this particular game.

Thanks!

Outcomes