1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 28, 2016 5:10 PM by redfury

Driver issue or hardware issue?

metroids

I recently purchased a RX480 (Sapphire), and I'm having a few issues with it.  I'm wondering if they are driver issues (or something I could fix), or if I need to replace the card.  here are the symptoms:

Drivers: 16.12.2

1. When the computer turns on after sleep, it sometimes doesn't detect the monitor.  The monitor turns back on, but instead of a picture I get snow (like this).

snow.jpg

Note that I can turn the monitor off/on again and it works without having to restart the computer or anything like that.

2. When the display is turned off by the OS after 15 minutes of inactivity.  Every couple of minutes or so it makes the sound windows makes when you connect an external device (like a usb).  As if it's continually disconnecting and reconnecting the monitor.

Very rarely I've had some new crashes as well, but I don't get video card related messages so I'm not sure it's related.  (Also, just for information the monitor has worked fine through several other video cards, and I've rechecked the connections so I don't think that's a problem).  Thanks for any help.