2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2016 10:07 AM by henrypeter

monocolor screen after idle RX470 Win 10 64bits

henrypeter

Just got my whole new PC with a RX470. However, my screen goes with mono color after waking up from idle, almost every try gets to it.

Already updated to latest driver, 16.12.2. Please help

RX470 Win 10 64bits.

• Re: monocolor screen after idle RX470 Win 10 64bits
            henrypeter

[Update] I think I got the issue. The problem is previous I set the color format as YCbCr 4:4:4 through the Radeon Graphics app, it could still boot well while just being monocolored after idle (or to be more exact, after the monitor standby). This was because the monitor auto-detected and adopted itself to RGB mode and this made the monocolor. I could manually adjust it back to YCbCr and the monocolor was off to normal again. But this would only happen after PC idle otherwise I could notice this since the 1st boot-up after this change. Then, I change the color format to RGB 4:4:4 in the app and nothing abnormal at all.

Now, I could not figure out the root cause whether this is the card problem or my monitor problem until I have another card or monitor to test and verify.

Any idea?

Cheers.

System:

• AMD Graphics Card
              • MSI RX470 Armor OC 4G
            • Desktop or Laptop System
              • Desktop
            • Operating System
              • Windows 10 64bit
            • Driver version installed
            • Display Devices
              • ViewSonic VX2260wm
            • Motherboard
              • MSI H170 Gaming M3
            • CPU/APU
              • Intel i7-6700
            • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
              • Cooler Master GX650
            • RAM
              • 8G x 2

Issue:

• Screen goes to monocolor after PC idle. Not every try but most of the time does.