1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 25, 2016 3:31 PM by redfury

Screen goes blank after installing AMD Radeon Software Versions 16.12.1 and 16.12.2 Edition Crimson ReLive

xaj

Hello,

I've just installed AMD Radeon Software Version - 16.12.1 Edition Crimson ReLive and now, after 5 minutes of inactivity, my laptop screen goes blank and stays blank even when I press any keys or use the touchpad. I have to force shut-down the laptop and restart it everytime this happens. Though, even before installing Crimson ReLive, I had "Turn off display after" to 5 minutes on battery as well as on plugged-in modes ("Balanced" Power plan settings) but the screen would lit-up as soon as I would use the keypad/touchpad but not since the installation. I would like the display to turn-off after 5 minutes, but, would also like it turn back on upon any keypad/touchpad activity.

I tried/observed:

1) I uninstalled Crimson ReLive using amdcleanuputility and the problem was solved, so, I know its Crimson ReLive that's changing some setting that I can't figure out or just messing it up.

2) Unchecked "allow additional power-savings." under Switchable Graphics Global Settings.

3) Power, HDD,WiFi LEDs are on even when the screen goes blank.

4) Similar problem occuring even after installing AMD Radeon Software Versions 16.12.2 Edition Crimson ReLive

I use Windows 8.1 (64 bit) with System Memory - 4 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz

AMD Radeon HD 8600M Series driver version installed 21.19.407.0 (dated 12/19/2016)

Can @AMD or anyone please help?

Thanks & regards!