RX 470 random black screen on mode switches using z68 motherboard

jaguariv

I have the following setup:

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro

CPU: i7 2600k

RAM: 16GB

PSU: Brand new Corsair CX600

GPU: MSI RX 470 Gaming X 4GB

Sometimes when the display switches modes, usually going from a game back to the Windows desktop, the screen will go black. The monitor backlight remains on but a black screen is displayed. If I disconnect the monitor and plug it back in, then the card resets/reinitializes and the display returns to normal. I've tried a number of different drivers including 16.12.2, 16.7.3, 16.8.3 and all have the same results. I also tried the card in another system using a Z170 motherboard for a couple of hours with lots of switches to the desktop (by hitting the Windows key) and didn't have any black screen problems (did have one video_tdr_failure BSOD though), so it seems to be specific to the above hardware configuration. This same hardware is running NVIDIA cards just fine.

I've tried all the suggestions I could find online, such as setting the clock rate of States 5,6,7 to all be the same, disabling scaling, enabling power efficiency, etc., but nothing has solved the issue. Any help and/or suggestions are appreciated.