4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2017 3:04 AM by astrix_au

Does AMD or do Devs add freesync Support?

astrix_au

Hey guys,

IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad has just been upgraded from DX9 to DX11. Freesync is no longer working in Fullscreen and there is a huge amount of tearing. It seems Gsync isn't working either in Fullscreen on the new update.

Who adds support for Freesync? Is it the devs or do AMD need to release a hot fix for the new version now running DX11?

We are having to use borderless, not sure if it's freesync or Vsync but there is no tearing so we just use borderless for now.

• Re: Does AMD or do Devs add freesync Support?
          astrix_au

Can anyone answer this question? Is it AMD that needs to add Freesync support? If that is the case I hope they know about this and do it soon!

What will be working first in Fullscreen in the newly updated DX11 version of IL-2 BOS, Freesync or Gsync?

astrix_au

I am used to using Vsync in borderless since Freesync wasn't working in Fullscreen the last few weeks. The vsync in borderless option seems smoother than fullscreen freesync.

It's very weird because I have my monitor set to 144hz but if I use Vsync in game in fullscreen the game caps at 60fps, I'm sure this is due to the new DX11 version. Unfortunately Radeon settings 16.12.1 currently doesn't override the game in this driver so setting Vsync there doesn't work, this happens on every other Radeon driver with IL-2 I used to be able to use AMD AA but now it doesn't override it currently either.

So I think I'll be going back to borderless which uses windows vsync and seems smooth and I cap my FPS at 144. Freesync on Il-2 adds some microstutter or something I can't put my finger on it. BF1 and BF4 freesync is great, I think it's trackir and freesync that might have a slight issue.

astrix_au

Turns out turning on blur reduction on and off to stop the tearing in fullscreen turns it into borderless.

Whats weird too is if I record before doing the blur reduction hack the recorded video has no tearing but while recording the video is tearing to the max. After starting blur reduction and stopping it the tearing stops but after that it no longer records and says to turn on desktop recording. So it actually turns it into borderless, not sure if it is freesync or Vsync. We assumed the tearing stopped due to Freesync but I just found out it is no longer fullscreen after toggling blur reduction so now I have no idea if it's Vsync or Freesync.

Using borderless for now, Freesync is really messed up since the game went to dx11. No idea when it will be fixed.