9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2017 3:14 AM by liakoulee

Black screen after login to Windows 10 after Dec 8th driver update

sobecho

This past week in a half I have had multiple issues Logging in to Windows. Computer boots up fine in about 8-10 seconds, splash screens and all to login resolution is correct. Type in my password windows load, 2 seconds later, black screen. I did a system restore 2 times, fixes the issue but once i update drivers, fails again at login. The only why I have found to fix this issue is to roll back my drive updates to October. So far, login just fine no issues. My conclusion is that there is a issue with the December updates that cause this. I hope this helps if anyone else is having the same issues.

I booted my PC in to safe mode via holding shift at the login screen and clicking restart. Then booted in Safe Mode with Network access

Then I installed DDU and wiped all drivers and restarted my PC: DDU download link ( USE IN SAFE MODE ) Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.4.0

I went to Downloads | techPowerUp and downloaded the Oct 13th update

Everything rolled back, was able to restart and login. I will keep up with this post and give a update if anything changes

System Specs

AMD FX 8350 8 core black edition

MSI 970 Gaming Mobo

MSI Radeon R9 390 8G DDR5

Hyper  X Savage DDR3 Ram @1600

Coolmaster 212 Evo

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

Seagate Firecuda 2TB HDD

EVGA Super Nova 750 G2

And a really cool full tower case

A reply for AMD would be nice on this issue, but I wont hold my breath...