AnsweredAssumed Answered

Black screen after login to Windows 10 after Dec 8th driver update

Question asked by sobecho on Dec 22, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2017 by liakoulee

This past week in a half I have had multiple issues Logging in to Windows. Computer boots up fine in about 8-10 seconds, splash screens and all to login resolution is correct. Type in my password windows load, 2 seconds later, black screen. I did a system restore 2 times, fixes the issue but once i update drivers, fails again at login. The only why I have found to fix this issue is to roll back my drive updates to October. So far, login just fine no issues. My conclusion is that there is a issue with the December updates that cause this. I hope this helps if anyone else is having the same issues.

I booted my PC in to safe mode via holding shift at the login screen and clicking restart. Then booted in Safe Mode with Network access

Then I installed DDU and wiped all drivers and restarted my PC: DDU download link ( USE IN SAFE MODE ) Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.4.0

I went to Downloads | techPowerUp and downloaded the Oct 13th update

Everything rolled back, was able to restart and login. I will keep up with this post and give a update if anything changes

System Specs

AMD FX 8350 8 core black edition

MSI 970 Gaming Mobo

MSI Radeon R9 390 8G DDR5

Hyper  X Savage DDR3 Ram @1600

Coolmaster 212 Evo

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

Seagate Firecuda 2TB HDD

EVGA Super Nova 750 G2

And a really cool full tower case

A reply for AMD would be nice on this issue, but I wont hold my breath...

Outcomes