0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2016 7:41 AM by mcraig@fortosage.net

High Definition Audio Device stops working randomly

mcraig@fortosage.net

We have 400 Radeon R5 240 cards in our environment. We use the display port out to HDMI on our projectors. By default, the sound is at the projector when it's on, then back to the PC when the projector is off.I have 3 or 4 cases where the audio will default back to the PC randomly, instead of staying on the projector. The image continues to project to the projector properly, only the sound doesn't. Restarting the PC almost always resolves it, but that's not a good solution. We've updated to the most recent 16.12 drivers with the same issue. Any ideas? My next step will be to swap the vid card, reimage the

I have 3 or 4 cases where the audio will default back to the PC randomly, while the image continues to project to the projector properly. Under sound settings, the green check mark will be gone from the high def audio device and the realtek audio device will be green. Restarting the PC almost always resolves it, but that's not a good solution. We've updated to the most recent 16.12 drivers with the same issue. Any ideas? My next step will be to swap the vid card, reimage the pc to try to narrow it down. After that I could swap the cable to projector (still projects fine, though).