AnsweredAssumed Answered

Weekly Topic: Favorite Video Game Story/Campaign

Question asked by nelstar15 on Dec 22, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2017 by red5

Welcome back y'all, it's that time again, and I'm excited for this weeks topic.

When I was streaming the other day, I honestly couldn't think of what I would post for this week's debate. I didn't want to keep going on with favorite games or a certain genre, and I'm not sure we at the level to start discussing hardware (it can get messy, okay?)

So we were playing Halo 5, and my roommate says, "Man, I don't know if any game will ever have a better story than Halo 1."

Instantly, I knew that would be our topic for the week. What's our favorite video game story? This is one of the only topics that completely defies genres and boundaries. Not all games have stories, but when they do... Man some of the best narratives I've ever witnessed/read/experienced have come from games, and I have a degree in Literature. HA.

We started discussing our favorite stories and there was a lot of the usual: Mass Effect, Halo, Starcraft, Warcraft, among many others. I love them all, but I couldn't say that one of those is my favorite. There was another game that totally drew me in, and had me feeling lost when it ended. I can't truly express my love of Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos in words. The story was so riveting, and drew in on the very first mission. I was DEVASTATED when Arthas commenced the Purging on Stratholme, and I was ecstatic with the Battle of Mount Hyjal. Honestly, this story line was what got me to fall in love with WoW down the road.

So, now I ask, what is your favorite story in a video game?

Outcomes