1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 11, 2017 2:20 AM by pet1700

BSOD ON APU 7860K WHEN GAMING

jezrdz

I need some help, i have like 2 months with this pc and this error keeps happening, first it was not often, but now its happening constantly and i did everything to fix this issue and nothing works, it usually happens when i open a game or if i open youtube, sometimes on rare cases when i just open something

i have this

APU: AMD A10 7860K

GRAPHICS: RADEON R7 SERIES

MOTHERBOARD: BIOSTAR HI FI A70U3P

RAM: 8 GB 1600hz

PSU: 500 W

I already

-Updated my bios

-Updated to the lastest AMD drivers

-Did a clean install of the latest drivers

-Check if there are some other problem with other drivers

i atached info on the WhoCrashed and BlueScreenView dumps and info on the problem and my system specs too just in case, hope there is a fix as i was planing on changing my apu to a new one or in the worst case to intel, im happy with this apu but with this error its frustrating to even use my pc

• Re: BSOD ON APU 7860K WHEN GAMING
          pet1700

It is most likely your ram...If using the r7 Apu, get ride of your 1600mhz ram and get some 2133 or 2400mhz ram. Your gaming performance will improve up to 50%!

I have the same setup with 16gb of 2400mhz ram, and the Apu is blazing fast...3dmark scores for skydiver and cloud gate were 6760 and 8015.  That is pretty amazing for integrated graphics card.

Btw, hope you over locked the CPU and Apu, as the chip runs very cool, and easily overcloxks...I got mine to 4.4ghz at 1.4v and 900mhz for Apu. Runs cool as ice with stock heatsink.