3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2017 1:22 PM by kaengo

Firepro W5100 driver 16.50 not working in centos 7.3 - should I wait for official support?

marcopigg

I am having troubles installing the amdgpu-pro for an AMD FirePro card after the upgrade from CentOS 7.2 to Centos 7.3

In the previous OS release I was using fglrx 15.302, but the same driver does not work in the new CentOS release and with the new kernel (3.10.0-514.2.2.el7): after boot I only get a black screen with the cursor being the only visible thing on my display. Other commands work (i.e., running a terminal) but nothing is displayed.

I then tried installing the new amdgpu-pro 16.50 driver, but this driver also does not work. After reboot the OS hangs and displays a window with the "Oh no! Something has gone wrong." error message.

An error message also appears during driver installation. I am including the make.log file in this question, and the Xorg.0.log file I get after boot.

I noticed in the release notes that CentOS 7.3 will be supported after official distro release. Does this mean I should wait for an updated AMD driver release, now that the OS upgrade is out?

My system is described below

AMD Graphics CardAMD Firepro W5100
      Desktop or Laptop SystemDell Precision T3620
      Operating SystemCentOS 7.3 64bit (Kernel 3.10.0-514.2.2)
      Driver version installedamdgpu-pro 16.50
      Display DevicesSyncmaster TA350 connected via HDMI (through a DisplayPort adapter)
      SyncMaster 2033 connected via VGA (through a DisplayPort adapter)
      MotherboardDell Motherboard
      CPU/APUIntel Xeon E3-1270 v5
      RAM24 GB