3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2016 9:41 AM by razmeth

Screen Tearing and blacked out screens

razmeth

I just performed a fresh install, and updated drivers on my machine, while also upgrading the motherboard, CPU, and RAM.  I do not know that I had the most recent drivers prior, I think they may have been 6 - 12 months old, but since the fresh install I've been having screen tearing issues and my second monitor goes black when running several if not all games in full screen.

I've so far figured out workarounds to each issue, but these are workarounds I've never needed before.  To fix the blacked out second monitor, I turned off Aero in Windows.  To fix the screen tearing, I've been turning off hardware acceleration in individual programs (so far Office 2016, and Firefox).

I would rather know why these started happening and how to properly fix them.  If they are known bugs, please link the bug reports/release notes referencing them; if they're changes in the settings, please let me know specifically where I can change them.  If the solution is reverting drivers, please let me know what version/where I can find them.

Thank you for all of your assistance!

Radeon R9 270X

Driver Packaging Version     16.50.2001-161204a-309274C (I just changed to these a few days ago after having run 16.12.1, then being informed I needed to upgrade)