6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2016 2:41 PM by jlittle9

FirePro W5100 Displayport to HDMI Adapter

jlittle9

Hello,

I have an AMD FirePro W5100 installed in my computer.  I have 4 monitors connected.  1 is a 4K Samsung connected through displayport, and the other 3 are 3 matching samsung 1080P monitors connected via passive displayport to HDMI adapters.  All 4 screens have FreeSync on board.  I have it enabled in all of the monitors OSD's.  I have Radeon Pro and AMD FirePro Software Version 16.2.  (2016.1004.2047.35575).  On the display tab I have FreeSync turned on for the single 4K monitor connected through DisplayPort and for one of the 3 matching monitors with the passive adapter.  I can't turn it on for the other two screens.  It says that it is not supported.  Those two screens are also coming up as DVI-D connections instead of HDMI like the working one.  I have attached a screenshot.

amdmatt  amdpete or anyone else,

Any suggestions, help, or insight?

Thanks,

Josh

• Re: FirePro W5100 Displayport to HDMI Adapter
          redfury

1.Try to connect only three monitors and show us result

2.I think you need one or two ACTIVE DP to HDMI adapters for your 4 monitor setup

jlittle9

If I connect 3 monitors I end up with the 1 display port connection , 1 HDMI, and 1 dvi.

I don't think I need an active adapter. From what I've read, active adapters don't support freesync.

Maybe I was a little unclear. All 4 monitors are working as standard monitors and do display my screen and work with the passive adapters. I just can't get the freesync working.

redfury

FreeSync is not supported for DVI connection.

Maybe you need just reinstall last driver.Leave only one monitor(4K) and install latest driver but before - Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program

After driver installation reboot and plug your remain monitors one by one

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                      jlittle9

Right but I don't have any dvi connections. They are all displayport to HDMI. I installed monitor drivers 1 at a time with latest ones. I updated the software before I started but I will try the uninstall.

redfury

It is obvious that problem is in DP to HDMI adapters.Yours cannot detect correctly type of connection. Amd video cards have restriction on using more than two legacy(VGA,DVI,HDMI) video signal connection.Passive DP to HDMI adapters use that legacy video signal instead of native DP video signal.

It is important to check 3-monitors configuration. If wrong detection and lack of FreeSync support for third monitor is still persist - you need to try one ACTIVE DP to HDMI adapter

jlittle9

Thanks for the help.  I did the uninstall and ran the cleaner you gave me in safe mode.  Then I installed latest driver and software and plugged in monitors one by one then installed the monitors  drivers one by one with them.  Now all 4 monitors are working and all 4 have freesync.  There must have been some updates and changes put out because I am using three passive DP to HDMI adapters still.

1 of 1 people found this helpful