0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2016 9:38 AM by lyetnel

Graphics Drivers Stopped Responding and Has Recovered Problem On a New Card ?

lyetnel

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • Sapphire Radeon RX480 8G Nitro+
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1
      • Display Devices
        • ASUS 19" 1366X768 60hz Vga to HDMI adapter
      • Motherboard
        • ASUS Z170-P
      • CPU/APU
        • Intel I7 6700K Stock
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • Corsair 700W 80+ (dont know the model name but if needed i can get it.)
      • RAM
        • 8GB

Describe your issue:

• Hi. Bought the card from Amazon a week ago and box came in yesterday. Uninstalled my old NVIDIA card and installed my mighty looking rx480(yes i did remove drivers before uninstalling old card). After that installed the required drivers for my new card and entered Overwatch played 1-2 games, American Truck Sim for 30 minutes, not a problem. Getting 150-250 fps on OW epic settings and stuff. And then i went to sleep for 3 hours and pc was open at idle at that time. Came back in from sleep and entered game, after hero selection actual game starts if you know. When it started after approx 30-40 second it froze and windows notification popped up saying that drivers stopped and has recovered. At that point i could hear in-game sound and stuff but cant see anything because of black screen. It also affects any other open programs at that time like browsers. So i need to restart them too. I tried American Truck Sim which was working fine and it did the same thing but took longer time . I reinstalled installed the drivers for 4 times at least. At least i m waiting for you guys to tell this is a hardware or software problem. Like its solvable or not. If its not i need to return to amazon asap. Thanks ! 
      • Latest updates of Overwatch / American Truck Simulator / Battle.net / Opera(Browser)
      • Epic / Ultra