1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2016 9:37 AM by jtby

windows 10 completely locked up after crimson update installed - how to fix?

jtby

everything was running great on my PC - windows 10 and 2 RX 480 cards.  The notification for crimson update was showing down by my system try for a few days now, so today I clicked it to install the update.  It installed some things... and now my computer is wrecked.  I log into windows, and see the desktop, but it is locked up and frozen. Occasionally I can move the mouse pointer for a few seconds, but then it goes back to being locked up.  I truly wish I never clicked the update button because now my computer is unusable.  I am posting this note from a different computer.

Please help! I don't know where to turn or what to do next, but immediately after installing crimson update my computer is hosed.  Any ideas how I can reverse this??

• Re: windows 10 completely locked up after crimson update installed - how to fix?
          jtby

was able to boot to safe mode and uninstall radeon driver.  Then booted normally, and installed driver using CD that came with my Rx 480 cards. Then it worked.

Then a big windows update installed, and the graphics card stopped working. So repeated process of uninstalling and reinstalling radeon drivers.  So I am back up and running, but hoping this will not be a frequent occurrence anytime there is a driver or windows update.