AnsweredAssumed Answered

Update 16.12.1 display driver failing

Question asked by kag on Dec 17, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 17, 2016 by kag

PC tower fell over, open side down (I was cleaning it) from my chair onto the carpet from about 2 feet. The frame took the hit and checking the inside everything felt solid and in place, turning it on, everything seemed to run fine as well, cool and quiet. I included a screenshot where you can see the dots all over my screen, this happened a week ago (not long after the fall I want to say) woke up and turned the monitor on x.x I had videos but wasn't able to attach them. Nothing like that has ever happened or hasn't happened since, but i did notice some small pixel distortions for the past month when i looked closely to my screen, and this was prevalent before my tower fell, I just knew I had to include it falling. Everything has still been running fine, aside from battlefield one, that always seems to be a hit or miss.  Side note, I haven't tested my PC to rule out the distortion, not yet anyways, still happens but very minorly. I also included a screenshot where you can see, when I click on the display option in my radeon settings, the whole program crashes.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • MSI Radeon R7 260x
  • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 8.1 64bit
  • Driver version installed
  • Display Devices
    • Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate
    • Planar Generic PnP Monitor, HDMI cable, 1920x1080 59h
  • Motherboard
    • Could've sworn it was jasmine or something along those lines? But entering in the info i found on the web into the command prompt I got, MSI 2AEO version 1?
  • CPU/APU
  • AMD A8-5500 3.2GHZ

• Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair 500W
  • RAM
    • 8GB

Outcomes