2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2016 9:40 AM by kag

Update 16.12.1 display driver failing

kag

PC tower fell over, open side down (I was cleaning it) from my chair onto the carpet from about 2 feet. The frame took the hit and checking the inside everything felt solid and in place, turning it on, everything seemed to run fine as well, cool and quiet. I included a screenshot where you can see the dots all over my screen, this happened a week ago (not long after the fall I want to say) woke up and turned the monitor on x.x I had videos but wasn't able to attach them. Nothing like that has ever happened or hasn't happened since, but i did notice some small pixel distortions for the past month when i looked closely to my screen, and this was prevalent before my tower fell, I just knew I had to include it falling. Everything has still been running fine, aside from battlefield one, that always seems to be a hit or miss.  Side note, I haven't tested my PC to rule out the distortion, not yet anyways, still happens but very minorly. I also included a screenshot where you can see, when I click on the display option in my radeon settings, the whole program crashes.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • MSI Radeon R7 260x
      • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • Windows 8.1 64bit
      • Driver version installed
      • Display Devices
        • Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate
        • Planar Generic PnP Monitor, HDMI cable, 1920x1080 59h
      • Motherboard
        • Could've sworn it was jasmine or something along those lines? But entering in the info i found on the web into the command prompt I got, MSI 2AEO version 1?
      • CPU/APU
      • AMD A8-5500 3.2GHZ

• Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • Corsair 500W
      • RAM
        • 8GB