1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 17, 2016 4:28 PM by redfury

HDMI won't work

warrensakac1

Hey guys, been having a problem here for the last little while that's really been messing me up.

I have an Acer Aspire V5 laptop with a Radeon HD8450G integrated graphics card installed in it and I've been experiencing some issues when I go to connect to any TV via HDMI.

This is the second time this has happened to me, the first time a Microsoft support tech was able to help me ( We had to delete or change some values in the registry ) but I can't seem to remember exactly what values we changed. I'm not sure if its the same problem but the story goes like this: (I also might add that I have just about exhausted every other option i.e: Roll back drivers, re-install drivers, win + P, tried different tv's and cables - All of that has been tried and to no avail.)

I was currently using my TV in my bedroom as a monitor due my laptop screen being horribly cracked, it operated flawlessly, no errors, nothing. I then decided to go and hook up to the TV in my living room one day, did that and again it worked great.

It was after then that I switched back to my first TV which out of nowhere stopped working, HDMI port just won't be detected and the TV show's a "no signal" bubble. Damages to the port and cord are highly unlikely, I'm very gentle with my electronics and I didn't move the laptop very far. I really hope someone can help sort this problem out as I am just beside myself with frustration and confusion, I spent 3 hours last night on Microsoft answer desk with 2 different techs who told me stuff I already know. It's almost as if the HDMI port literally dissappeared off of the moterboard, and there should be no way that happened.

Thanks!

TL;DR:

HMDI WONT WORK HALPPPPP.

• Re: HDMI won't work
          redfury

1.In normal situation you don't need to modify registry. i presume, that OS reinstallation is almost unavoidable

2.Show me what you have in device manager>sound devices

3.Meanwhile execute this operation:  sfc /scannow https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

And for win8.1/win10  this command too (executed by same way):     DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

4.Try to boot up from Live CD (portable OS) and check HDMI connection