3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2016 11:01 AM by redfury

ATI 7990 6 GO crimson problem

fabialiasg5

Hello,

I think i am not alone that have this problem..... (GPU 800€)

I have a problem with the ALL driver crimson.(With the all crimson driver except the last).

It was gray pixel on the game and it was not fluid. I have always to go back of the catalyst controle center 15.7.1; it ist the last driver who fonction realy correctly.....

I have all time report the new bug but nothing have been corrected on the new driver ..... Better, with the last crimson driver (relive). I have black screen with all games .....

GPU :

mother card : asus crossfire formula z

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4013 MHz, 4 cœur(s), 8 processeur(s) logique(s)

RAM : 16 GO G-skill

Actuel driver:15.200.1062.1004

1000watt power bronze

Thinks in advance for your help

• Re: ATI 7990 6 GO crimson problem
          redfury

You can try two things:

1.Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode  Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers  and install 16.11.5  Don't touch 16.12.1 for now.This driver is some kind of bad joke

2.Reinstall your OS or make win10 Full Reset

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            fabialiasg5

Hello Redfury

Thanks for your help....

I have Uninstall the driver in safe mode and clean it with de DDu. i have instale the driver 16.11.5 but it is not fluid et i have grey point of a part objet from games ( exemple cs).

I have trw the same for the relive driver... The games started but same issue that 16.11.5 .

I have after reinstale the driver catalyst 15.7 . It is fluid no problem...

Reinstale the windows 10. I find that it is not necessairy because when i was of windows 7 i have the same issue. It was that, that push me to switch to Windows 10.

And at time i have the same problem of the 10 ..... it is to go busy with amd...

And the technical inge.. have no idea of this problem ?

redfury

Yeah .The most stable driver for Dual chip cards(7970,295X2) is 15.7.X

I am sure technical engineers are aware about this issue but i suggest you submit a report here

Hope it will be fixed eventually  You can also try to disable CrossFire for problematic games.Radeon settings>Games>and choose corresponding game profile

I doubt that CS can use crossfire correctly and you don't need such graphics power for this game.