15 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 4:21 PM by ray_m

Problem Crimson installation RX 480

spartan117

Hello,

Sorry for my English, I use google translation.
      I have a problem. I bought a RX 480 - 8GB (Sapphire Nitro +), installed on Windows 7 - 64 bits after formatting.
      The system automatically detects an AMD card. I'm trying to install the latest driver Crimson 16.12.1 compatible with Win7 64 bits of course and there is the worry.

It decompresses the file. And then I have an error message "173, no AMD hardware detected".
      My card appears as VGA in the device manager, but after a reboot after the automatic update it recognizes the card as RX 480, I try to reboot the latter Crimson but still the same thing, even worse the system Freezes at the appearance of the message and I have to restart the PC manually when it does not make a blue screen.

I tried to uninstall the driver properly for the manually reinstalled with internet cut, but the PC crash when I get to the last uninstallation step, I am forced to do it via the Device Manager even though it crashes it I still uninstalled the card so it goes.

Once under the windows desktop, the card that is no longer installed is recognized again in VGA, until then it is normal. I run Crimson 16.12.1 and idem, either once I have reached the end of the procedure I have the same message, or it crashes my PC.
      So I keep the Crimson folder which is unzipped, I go into the device manager, I go on the VGA card, I click update and I tell it the way to AMD folder manually, there no worries it installs me Last driver 16.12.1
      But still can not install the AMD Crimson software suite, since it still does not see AMD hardware.

My configuration:
      I7 4790k
      Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3
      Sandisk SSD Ultra II 960 GB
      2x8 GB DDR3 Kingston Hyper X
      Windows 7 - 64 bits

Can someone help me please?